We now have more then one Roku Channel:
TVByDemand Private Channel - 2KMVR.
Click the links above OR - Search with your Roku Device for "TVByDemand" and see a complete list of our channels!
DLTV - Episode 100 - Wednesday October 4, 2006
|This Video is available on DVD|
DLTV - Episode 100 - Wednesday October 4, 2006 Stuff Thank you to everybody that's been watching for the first 100 episodes!!! How we make DL.TV: Roger Chang takes you from the ideas in our brains to the video you download. Why no DL.TV on TiVo? Sam, you should contact TiVo and ask them to add us! Where's the blue DL.TV wallpaper? Right here, Duane! Richard's son wants a $100 gaming mouse: will it make him a better gamer? Corey needs some advice: he needs to email 100MB to CD sized files to friends. Got a recco? Email us! Rhett says, "Apple actually lets you re-download all of your iTunes music again ONCE!" This is the link on Apple's site that Rhett used. So it's not just Wil Wheaton. Of course, Apple says you can only download it once Back Up Your Tunes!!! Can you review PeerGuardian 2? Sure, Jorge. We've got interviews coming up with folks from Opera and Mozilla (the Firefox folks). Email us with questions you'd like us to ask them!. News GIFs Are Free! Nice toon at UserFriendly.org Congress Passes Bill Banning Online Casinos Free Software Foundation To Protest Apple DRM Armstrong Did Not Flub Moon Speech! No HDMI for Xbox 360 HD-DVD. Our man Rob found the info on the AVS Forum ...they vouch that it's MS VP Amir Majidimehr posting. Got the messiest desk ever? Photographic proof wins a free poofy Sumo lounge thing at UNEASYSilence! The pictures are just... nasty. DL.TV Gathering... emusic Fix! DL.TV and Gearlog.com Rally! er... Gathering! Party! Meetup-Thingy! it's October 14th, 5PM at the DigitalLife Event, Javits Center, New York City Our gathering is free, and if you email us, we can get you a code so you can get tickets to the DigitalLife Event free! Put 'free DigitalLife tickets' in the subject line! Did you sign up for the free emusic trial and only get 25 songs? We can fix that! go to emusic customer service and put the www.emusic.com/dltv URL in your email and you'll get the extra 25 songs. Our apologies for the glitch! Why emusic? DRM free tunes, and we get a bounty when you sign up for a 50 song trial on emusic.
DLTV - Episode 100 - Wednesday October 4, 2006
• Thank you to everybody that's been watching for the first 100 episodes!!!
• How we make DL.TV: Roger Chang takes you from the ideas in our brains to the video you download.
• Corey needs some advice: he needs to email 100MB to CD sized files to friends. Got a recco? Email us!
• Rhett says, "Apple actually lets you re-download all of your iTunes music again ONCE!" This is the link on Apple's site that Rhett used. So it's not just Wil Wheaton.
• No HDMI for Xbox 360 HD-DVD. Our man Rob found the info on the AVS Forum ...they vouch that it's MS VP Amir Majidimehr posting.
DL.TV Gathering... emusic Fix!
• DL.TV and Gearlog.com Rally! er... Gathering! Party! Meetup-Thingy! it's October 14th, 5PM at the DigitalLife Event, Javits Center, New York City
• Our gathering is free, and if you email us, we can get you a code so you can get tickets to the DigitalLife Event free! Put 'free DigitalLife tickets' in the subject line!
• Did you sign up for the free emusic trial and only get 25 songs? We can fix that! go to emusic customer service and put the www.emusic.com/dltv URL in your email and you'll get the extra 25 songs. Our apologies for the glitch!
|SHARE THIS VIDEO|
|975||DLTV - Episode 128 - Tuesday January 9, 2007||
What's new in Episode 128
• Blu-ray and HD DVD in one box? It's LG Electronics BH100... in stores February.
• Cell phones! Sascha Segan gives us the scoop on new phones from Samsung and Palm. (Motorola's got a new phone too... and yes, we just saw Apple's iPhone this morning!)
• Notebooks? HP's stylish TX1000 is a home entertainment table (w/ a pop out remote control!). Alienware dropped by two serious gaming notebooks... Robert couldn't stop petting the Area-51 m9750.
• GPS? We've got handhelds with onboard topo maps: Magellan's CrossoverGPS and DeLorme's Earthmate GPS PN-20, Garmin's new StreetPilot and Nuvi, and my personal favorite: the Astro GPS Dog Tracking System.
• iPod accessories? Try projectors, wirless speaker systems, Shure's latest hifi earplugs, two iPod centric alarm clocks, and ... pool floaties?
• One last product: a fold up UMPC with a bit of style!
• Microsoft Home Server
• Sony's 2nd gen Blu-ray players? When was the first gen player???
• Intel goes V8
• 108 inches... that's a big HDTV
|620||DLTV - Episode 127 - Monday January 8th, 2007||
• CES = The Consumer Electronics Show, the annual gathering of the CE industry... and quite the parade of new products. It's huge: 1.7 million square feet of floor space covered with 2,700 exhibitors, and thousands of new product announcements, from 2000 Watt PC Power supplies to 108 inch HDTVs. We'll be bringing you a serious taste of what's going on this week.
• UWB, Ultra Wide Band hits the street. First up, Toshiba's Portege R400. We're talking about a wireless port replicator... connected everything to your notebook but power without wires.
• A slick Vista interface customized for the family, a giant touch screen and a clean design = HP's TouchSmart PC.
• Next generation phones? Louderback brings us the Linksys iPhone, Netgear's Dual-Mode Cordless Phone with Skype on the WiFi/VoIP front, and D-Link's V-Click, which offers up GSM cell phone connectivy and SIP VoIP support for a WiFi connection.
• You can only buy it in Japan? Maybe not. Dynamism's CEO Douglas Krone brings some of the slickest products you never thought you'd see for sale in the US... Thanko's video wrist watch, Panasonic's HDC-SD1 (90 minutes of HD video on a 4GB SD card!), notebooks from Sony, Panasonic and Kohjinsha... and... yes, the new Nabaztag/tag (The next gen TechnoLustBunny can smell!)
• More products? Sure. How about Nokia's new Internet Tablet, the N800, Dash Navigation's Dash Express (in car GPS meets some serious wireless networking savvy)
• Ruggedized video camera? Sean, you're probably going to have to go with a case for that camera... and the best defense vivisection by your precocious 4 year old? We've got the only way prevent that.
• Got a Question? A tip? A product you're curious about Email us at email@example.com
• It's true: Microsoft is adding an HDMI port, 120GB HD and what looks like a pretty slick interface for IPTV to the Xbox 360. Sorry if you just picked up one, Jake, we don't have the ship date or price yet, but this looks like a sweet upgrade.
|619||DLTV - Episode 126 - Sat January 4th, 2007||
• Scanning film? David Stone, PCMag's scanner mavin reccomends Canon CanoScan 8400F (or it's new follow up, the 8600). Six color scanning? Check out HP's Scanjet G4050 Photo Scanner. BTW, OCR software doesn't suck anymore: OmniPage Professional 15 is the best OCR software out there.
• 1366x768: This is not an HD resolution. OK, it is, but it's really annoying.
• Power supplies... is there an advantage to putting 'em at the bottom of the case?
• Camcorders: SD vs. HD for Marcos in Brazil
• iTablet: Myth or Macworld? From Apple? Myth, tho Other World Computing will debut Axiotron's ModBook, a MacBook turned into a tablet before Steve Jobs keynote at Macworld next week!
• Thanks Lee, for the heads up on Weatherbonk.com. Weather meets the Google map API!
• We're going to CES in Las Vegas next week, you can come see us! We're taping Sunday at 1PM, Monday, Tuesday and Wedneday at 4PM. Our stage will be in the Sands Expo Center lobby, outside of Hall C. (The shows will be available for download Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning!)
|618||DLTV - Episode 125 - Thursday January 2nd, 2007||
The Deets for Episode 125
• A Better Site for Weather... and help finding road closures
• Google Uses Algorithm to Fill Jobs
• Sizing a Power Inverter or Generator: Volts x Amps = Watts
• Digital cameras shutter lag: Is it gone yet?
• Our wallpaper is back!
• MS Security Repsone Center Activated for new Windows Exploit (er.... proof of concept.)
• AACS Hacked on HD DVD
• And a heaping helping of viewer questions!
|606||DLTV - Episode 124 - Thursday December 28, 2006||
DLTV - Episode 124 - Thursday December 28, 2006
Rob goes solo.
• Surfing the web on your Nintendo Wii.
• Home Theater sound options.
• Ultra-lite notebook round-up.
• Simple Steps to calibrating your HDTV.
• See y'all next year!